I am a contemporary painter and digital artist.
I was born in Berlin, Germany and when I was twelve, moved with my parents to Liberia, West Africa. After that I lived in Suriname, (South America), North America, Liberia again and finally England, over 35 years ago.
Many things inspire me –memories of houses and countries I’ve lived in, old photographs, nostalgic childhood pictures, the beauty I see around me, loss and sadness – in short, life.
My paintings and digital images also reflect my interest in colour, layers, texture and mark making. Colour is very important to me because it can so well describe a particular emotion.
My artwork is quite varied and often jumps between the abstract and the figurative - I like working in this way as I find it very liberating. In my digital art I fuse parts of my paintings and photographs and through juxtaposition create new and different meanings.
This process often has unexpected results and produces images which are new and exciting. For me, this process of exploring, experimenting and improvising is as satisfying as the end result.
Selected Highlights 2023
Mar: "SPRING" Exhibition at the Collective Gallery in St Albans (small group show)
Apr: Open Exhibition at Courtyard Arts Centre, Hertford
May: Kimpton Arts Fair, Kimpton Village, Hertfordshire
May: FLUX EXHIBITION, Design District - Greenwich Peninsula - 18th - 27th of May
Selected Exhibitions & Highlights 2017 – 2022
May:  Freedom in Painting - 5 day course in Cornwall led by abstract painter Ashley Hanson
Jun:  "LANDLINES" -3 women Abstract Landscapes exhibition at the Collective Gallery in St Albans
Jul:  Big Art Fair Hitchin
Jul:  Featured in anniversary edition of the LandEscape Art Review with a 44-page article
Sep:  OPEN STUDIO in my garden studio in St.Albans, until October.
Apr:  “Spring Back” Group exhibition at Nude Tin Can, St Albans, until May.
Apr:  RBA-Mall Galleries-Live exhibition, my painting “Girl” selected
Jun:  3D Virtual Gallery with FLUX Review (4 paintings selected), until July.
Jul:  “Figurative Art Now” Online Exhibition (Federation of British Artists), until September. My painting “The Red Road” was selected.
Sep:  St Albans Museum – 3 of my paintings selected to show in the gallery for 1 month
Nov:  FLUX Exhibition at the Greenwich Peninsula Design District (5-27th November) www.fluxexhibition.com
Jan:  Exhibition of 7 of my paintings at a private gallery, "Blickwinkel" in Berlin
Jan:  Shortlisted for the Royal Society of British Artists Annual Show
Mar:  Online exhibition at St Albans Museum in conjunction with University of Hertfordshire, until August. www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk/explore/exhibitions/hertfordshire-open-2020
Mar:  Monthly Exhibitions at the Wynd Gallery Letchworth wyndgallery.co.uk
Sep:  HVA Open Studio (Online) www.hvaf.org.uk/galleries/henriette-jetty-busch
Oct:  Q&A Online Interview with FLUX Magazine www.thefluxreview.com/henriette-busch-qa
Dec:  March 2021 - Letchworth Open @ the Broadway Gallery www.broadway-letchworth.com/studio-gallery
Dec:  ING Discerning Eye - Online Exhibition www.ingdeexhibition.org/exhibition
Dec:  New Gallery space in Singapore artwallst.com/artist/henriette-busch
Jan:  Nude or Fully Clothed Exhibition, Nude Tin Can Gallery, St.Albans. Until Februry.
Apr:  Hertford Open at Courtyard Arts, Hertford
May:  Solo Show of my big abstracts at the Gatehouse Gallery in Harlow
May:  “St. Albans Exposed” Exhibition at the Nude Tin Can Gallery St.Albans
Jul:  Big Art Fair, Hitchin
Sep:  OPEN STUDIO
Sep:  OPEN STUDIO My studio in St.Albans
Sep:  “Art Below” Regent’s Park 24/9 for 4 Weeks, until October.
Oct:  Anemoi Art, Brook St, London – Group Show
- Interview with Herts Visual Arts – Dec/January 2013-14 Newsletter
- Flux Review Q & A – Online Interview – October 2020
- Herts Visual Arts – Featured artist of the month – April 2021
- The Flux Review Magazine Edition 6 – Art in Lockdown
- Flux Exhibition November 2021 – Catalogue Feature
- LandEscape Anniversary Edition July 2022 – featured with 44-page article
- 1994 – 1998: Extra Mural Courses in Life Drawing, Ceramics & Textile Design at the University of Hertfordshire
- 1999 – 2000: Full time Access Course in Art & Design, University of Hertfordshire
- 2000 – 2003: BA Fine Art Degree Course, University of Hertfordshire
- May 2014: “Form & Abstraction”, St. Ives School of Painting, Cornwall
- 2015 – to present: Life Drawing classes at The St. Albans Art Society
- 2020 - to present: Zoom Life Drawing classes with Draw.Livingart
- May 2022 - "Freedom in Painting" - 5-day course in Port Isaac, led by abstract painter Ashley Hanson
- Collective Gallery, St.Albans
- Herts Visual Arts
- St. Albans Art Society